Adult safeguarding: Commissioning
SCIE has developed two guides about commissioning care homes with the aim of ensuring that safeguarding is integral to the commissioning process and is a primary concern for those contracted to provide care. SCIE Guide 45 Safeguarding and quality in commissioning care homes focuses on supporting NHS and local authority commissioners of care homes to ensure that safeguarding is central to the commissioning process. SCIE Guide 46 Commissioning care homes: Common safeguarding challenges focuses on identifying the issues that commonly lead to safeguarding referrals from care homes.
Together, the two guides promote good safeguarding practice, better understanding of responsibilities and positive working relationships.
SCIE's guides on commissioning
Related SCIE resources
- At a glance 31: Enabling risk, ensuring safety: Self-directed support and personal budgets
- Report 36: Enabling risk, ensuring safety: Self-directed support and personal budgets
- Web resource: Dementia Gateway
- e-Learning: Managing risk, minimising restraint
- At a glance 16: Managing risk, minimising restraint
- Report 25: Minimising the use of ‘restraint’ in care homes: challenges, dilemmas and positive approaches
- Mental capacity resources
- Social Care TV: Safeguarding adults films